CentoCard® is a CE labeled device used globally to collect dried blood spot samples. To date more than 32K physicians have used the CentoCard® to test more than 500K patients globally for rare genetic diseases.
- 10 spots of blood with no special training required
- genetic, biochemical and enzymatic activity analysis from a single drop of blood
- Physician documented clinical symptoms
- Stable for up to 13 years in an ongoing stability study
The process is easy:
- Our pharmaceutical partners purchase the CentoCard® and distribute the product to specialists and study centers for use.
- Dried blood spot samples are obtained and the CentoCard® is sent by the ordering physicians to CENTOGENE for analysis
- Medical reports are delivered to physicians through our safe and secure CentoPortal®
The CentoCard® is used by our partners across clinical trial enrollment, study support, and sponsored diagnostic programs:
- Support genotyping patients to determine eligibility of patients for clinical trial enrollment
- Analyze complex proteomics, metabalomics and genomics as part of a clinical study
- Empower doctors to test patients freely for particular diseases based on clinical symptoms
CentoCard® by the numbers:
We know that 30% of all CentoCard® products are distributed in the support of a screening program are returned to CENTOGENE for analysis. If the frequency of the disease is understood within a particular patient population one can predict the outcome in distributing a certain number of the CentoCard®:
TAKE FABRY DISEAESE
CENTOGENE was instrumental in determining that a High frequency of Fabry disease in patients with cryptogenic stroke corresponds to 1.2% in young stroke patients and therefore the CentoCard® should be distributed to doctors that treat unexplained stroke in young adults and that If you test 1000 young adult cryptogenic stroke patients; 12 will test positive for Fabry disease and that 3000 should initially be purchased and circulated among specialists to test 1000 patients.
Prepare the filtercard
Transfer the blood
Complete the sample
Dry the sample for two hours
Send it to CENTOGENE