Fill out completely your sender information, patient and billing data
Print the generated form and sign all required fields.
Our techniques are developed for the optimal use of all clinical materials. We are aware of the importance of these samples and we pay utmost attention to their careful and efficient preparation. Depending on which test you select, we accept the following materials:
(Please see the sample requirements listed in the test catalogue or in the factsheets for each panel and further details.)
- Usually 3-5 ml
- Infants 2 ml
- For NGS/Sanger panels 10ml
- Usually 10 complete blood spots
- For larger genes we may need more than one complete filtercard
- Usually 5 µg
- For specific NGS panels up to 20 µg may be required
- A minimum of 10 ml
CVS (chorionic villi)
- A minimum of 10 cleaned villi
- Approx. 1 ml
Cultured cells (fibroblasts, chorionic villi calls, amniotic fluid cells)
- 1 flask, min. 25cm2, 80-90% confluent
- Volume 0.5 cm2 or 50 mg
Bone marrow aspirate (NH4-Heparin)
- 1-5 ml
- 10 ml of blood shipped in cell-free DNA BCT STRECK tubes
Saliva (Oragene OG-510)
Available via e-mail from CENTOGENE on request.
- Sample size: 20 mg
- Paraffin embedded tissue: 25-50 mg of tumor-paraffin block or 5-10 micron sections of thickness 5-10 µm in a sterile tube, for somatic genomics with marked area of enriched tumor
- 1-3 ml of bone marrow aspirate in context of myeloid tumor
- Pathology report
- Fixation type accepted: 10% Formalin or 4% Paraformaldehyde or frozen tissue from OCT-Cell blocks (freshly frozen)
Please do not send tissue fixed in Bouins or gluteraldehyde. All samples should be shipped in a sterile tube at room temperature - no cold pack is required.
Please take care that all clinical materials are collected with the highest level of attention. This is of particular importance when sampling fibroblasts, amniotic fluid, or chorionic villi where a sterile environment has to be maintained.
Required sample identification & information
The following information has to be included on the accompanying requisition forms to ensure accurate results in a timely manner:
- Patient demographics
- Ordering physician/ healthcare provider with complete contact details
- Report recipient with complete contact details
- Invoice recipient with complete contact details if differing from report recipient
- Clinical and family history information must be submitted
- Testing requested
- Signed, completed consent form
- Preferred payment option - checking the appropriate box. Please find the payment options and required forms here.
Sample material must be labeled with:
- Patient’s full name
- Patient’s date of birth
Important: For all countries outside of Germany, we require a written and signed statement including the complete address and name of the person or institution who will cover the costs of the analysis.
Please note that an e-mail notification needs to be sent to CENTOGENE (dmqc(at)centogene(dot)com) when a time-sensitive specimen has been sent.
Filtercards, EDTA blood, cord blood, saliva, DNA or paraffin embedded tissue:
Samples can be sent via regular mail at room temperature. Liquid blood is stable for up to 4 days during transport.
A min. of 10 ml of samples are placed into a sterile conical tube. These should be shipped overnight at room temperature. Care must be taken to ensure that the sample does not freeze.
Chorionic villi, tissue samples other than paraffin embedded tissue:
Specimens need to be shipped at room temperature in a minimum of 35ml of RPMI transport medium with fetal calf serum. Especially during winter months, please ensure that the samples are shipped in a manner to secure that they do not freeze (temperatures should not fall below +4°C).
Flasks containing cells should be completely filled with transport medium containing fetal calf serum and shipped at room temperature. Care must be taken to ensure that the sample does not freeze.
Blood for ctDNA analysis:
Blood samples must be sent in glass STRECK tubes as per the manufacturer’s recommendation. Samples must be shipped immediately after sampling and at no stage should they be frozen. Blood samples collected in STRECK tubes can be shipped at room temperature, as they are stable up to 14 days. Samples in glass STRECK tubes must be handled and shipped carefully to prevent any damage to the glass tubes during shipment.