A panel that integrates genetic and biochemical testing for a fast diagnosis of a wide range of rare metabolic diseases.
Most patients suffering for rare metabolic diseases start with very severe phenotypes and with rapid progression of the disease that often leads to irreversible damage of their organs. A quick diagnosis is necessary for urgent treatment.
If you can´t see the video on Youtube, click here to watch it.
Why Choose CentoMetabolic™?
What genes and disorders are targeted?
|TYPES OF METABOLIC DISORDERS COVERED||TARGETED DISORDERS||NUMBER OF GENES*|
|Disorders of Carbohydrate Metabolism||31||33|
|Disorders of Cholesterol and Lipoprotein Metabolism||29||31|
|Disorders of Amino and Organic Acid Metabolism||19||24|
|Disorders of Glycolipid and Glycoprotein Metabolism||18||17|
|Transmembrane Protein Defects||17||17|
|Porphyrias and Bilirubinemia||12||13|
|Disorders of Hormone Biogenesis or Function||6||6|
|Disorders of Nucleotide Metabolism||4||4|
|Disorders of Metal Metabolism and Transport||3||6|
|Disorders of Phosphate Metabolism||3||3|
*Due to overlapping phenotypes, particular genes are listed in more than one category as they are associated with more than one disorder
When to use it?
Recommended when patients match any of the following criteria:
- Suspected metabolic disorder
- Complex, overlapping symptoms with broad differential diagnosis
- Metabolic crisis
- Abnormal newborn screening results
- Admission to a neonatal intensive care unit
- Symptoms related to neurological conditions of unknown etiology
- Overlapping symptoms with varying age of onset and severity
|Conditions||>150 metabolic disorders|
|Complementary testing||Biomarker and enzyme analysis (when available) to confirm genetic test results|
|Material||≥ 1 filtercard|
|TAT||≤10 business days|
NCLs = Neuronal Ceroid Lipofuscinosis
MPS = Mucopolysaccharidosis
* Patients who qualify for Arylsulfatase A enzyme (MLD) testing will be contacted for submission of additional sample. Arylsulfatase A enzyme (MLD) testing requires ≥5ml EDTA blood (testing is performed in leukocytes). Samples have to arrive within 72hrs of collection.