Once your test result is available, you can view or download it at any time.
Follow these three steps to view your result:
- Enter your login data (your e-mail address and chosen password) on the CENTOGENE Corona Test Portal at https://corona.centogene.com/login and click on "Log in".
- Click on "Actual Reports" at the top left-hand side of the screen
- Now you can click directly on "Display final finding" under "Actual Medical Reports", and the reports will open in a separate window as a PDF document or will be downloaded directly. You can save or print this document.
Report Language: If you need the report in another language, simply select another language under "Report language" and click on "Display final finding" again. Details can be found here.
Accessing the Report: Almost all browsers will allow you to use the key combination "Ctrl"+"J" to display all the documents you have downloaded. This means that you can easily access your report again after you have clicked "Display final finding".
Due to legal reporting obligations, positive test results are reported directly to the competent supervisory authority by the medical laboratory that carries out the tests.
Please understand that we do not send test results via e-mail for security reasons.
The analysis result for most tests is available online within 24 hours after sampling. Our experience shows that over 95% of the test results to date have been available within 12 to 24 hours.
CENTOGENE also offers an Express Test, with shorter processing times, at the test centers in Hamburg and Frankfurt.
Yes, you can download your test result (report) in different languages via the CENTOGENE Corona Test Portal. If you need the report in another language, simply select another language under "Report language" and click on "Display final finding" again. The following languages are currently available: German, English, Spanish, French, Dutch, Chinese, Portuguese, Polish, Russian, Czech, and Greek.
Unfortunately, it is not possible to make an universal statement on this at this point. Current studies show that RT-PCR detection of the coronavirus in the pre-symptomatic phase is generally possible approx. 2-3 days before and up to 20 days after the onset of symptoms. In some studies, detection took place 7 days before the onset of symptoms. The incubation period can last up to 14 days.
Proof of identification is mainly required upon entry into certain countries and does not guarantee that you can avoid quarantine regulations when entering Germany from a high-risk area. You can purchase a corresponding proof of identification for the test centers in Hamburg and Frankfurt. We accept all internationally recognized passports and identification documents. This proof confirms that the person in the test center is also the person who is traveling or showing the result. The fees for proof of identification are currently 9€.
CENTOGENE cannot assume any liability for this due to the rapidly changing nature of the specifications and possible amendments in this field that may occur at short notice. Please inform yourself on the requirements of the responsible health authority responsible and the requirements in the country that you are traveling to.
You can currently be tested as a self-payer at our CENTOGENE test centers in Berlin-Brandenburg Airport, Berlin ewerk, Düsseldorf Airport, Frankfurt Airport, Frankfurt MyZeil Shopping Center, Hamburg Airport, Cologne Bonn Airport, Rostock, and Wiesbaden RMCC at any time during business hours. Please click on the relevant location to find out the corresponding business hours and address.
Please note that we only test individuals who do not have symptoms to protect your health and that of our employees.
It is quite simple – just watch this video for instructions or follow the steps outlined below:
Please follow the following steps:
- Register on the CENTOGENE Corona Test Portal
- Select "Order new test"
- Use the checkbox to select who will be tested, then click on "Choose test center"
- Select the test center where you would like to be tested and then click on "To order type selection"
- As a self-payer, you can choose from various test offers, depending on the test center location. Select the desired services accordingly, then select "To payment"
- You will then see an overview of your order with the corresponding subtotal in €, where you will need to confirm the information on the SARS-CoV-2 test and the withdrawal policy under "Terms and Conditions of Use and Instructions on the Withdrawal Period" below, after which you can click on "Order for a fee".
- Next, select your payment method and click on "Payment". You will then be forwarded to the external payment module run by Concardis GmbH.
- After successful payment, you will see an overview of your order again – this time with an order number e.g. ,UAT-BN0015569, and you can click on "Invoice" in the bottom right-hand side of your screen to open and save your invoice. You will also receive an order confirmation, including your invoice, as an attachment via e-mail.
- Visit the test center during business hours and have a throat swab taken. Important: Please do not eat, drink, or brush your teeth 15 minutes before the test!
- The test result is made available to you via the CENTOGENE Corona Test Portal. You will receive a notification at the e-mail address you entered during login as soon as the test result is available. I can't find my test result! Where is my report?
Please bring your invoice with your personal identification number and the test code to the test center (printed or in digital form).
You have two ways to access your invoice: 1) You have received your invoice via e-mail as an attachment; 2) You can click on your order in the CENTOGENE Corona Test Portal under Orders, then on "Invoice", and open or download it. Almost all browsers will allow you to use the key combination "Ctrl"+"J" to display all the documents you have downloaded. This means that you can easily access your invoice again after you have clicked on "Invoice".
To take an RT-PCR Test, it is not possible to book an appointment. Please register online and come straight to one of the test centers in Frankfurt Airport, Frankfurt MyZeil Shopping Center, Hamburg, Düsseldorf, Berlin-Brandenburg, Berlin ewerk, Wiesbaden, or Rostock for testing during business hours. How can I get tested-RTPCR?
For the rapid Antigen Test available at Hamburg Airport and Frankfurt Airport, it is not required to make an appointment. Please register in the online test portal before taking the test at the chosen test center during the stated opening hours. How can I get tested-Antigen?
Unfortunately, it is not yet possible to be tested in the transit zone. Anyone who wants to be tested in the test center must leave the security area. Please take note of the entry regulations that apply to you. CENTOGENE assumes no responsibility for your checkout and check-in procedures.
Please note that there may be waiting times at the test center.
- Select "Register" in the bottom left of the screen
- In the next step, enter your e-mail address and password twice in a row. Please observe the password requirement, and enter the text from the image. Next, click on "Submit"
- You will then be asked to confirm your e-mail address:
- To do this, please open your inbox, and click on the red link with the text "CLICK HERE to confirm your registration” in the e-mail with the subject "Corona Test App Registration".
- Afterwards, you will see a green field on the right-hand side, which confirms that you have successfully completed registration. You can log in immediately with your e-mail address and password.
- Next, fill in all mandatory fields in the "Personal details" and "Contact details" section. Confirm by clicking on the checkbox "For the purpose of organizing and conducting the test" and "For the purpose of anonymized scientific and statistical evaluation by CENTOGENE GmbH" in the "Ordering the test" section, then click on "Save" in the bottom right-hand side of your screen.
We are not an outpatient clinic and cannot make any disease diagnoses. For this reason, we do not test people with symptoms at our test centers. If you notice signs of illness, such as coughing, increased temperature or fever, shortness of breath, loss of sense of smell/taste, nasal congestion, runny nose, sore throat, headaches, aching limbs, or general weakness, which indicate potential infection of SARS-CoV-2, you should stay at home, observe the distancing and hygiene rules, and seek advice over the phone. It is best to call 116117, a local corona hotline, your family practitioner, or another physician who is treating you. These contact points will provide information on how to proceed. If you cannot reach someone immediately, please try again. (Source: https://www.infektionsschutz.de/coronavirus/fragen-und-antworten/verdacht-auf-eine-infektion-und-test.html#faq4252). Further information (in German) can also be found here from the Federal Center for Health Education: https://www.infektionsschutz.de/fileadmin/infektionsschutz.de/Downloads/Orientierungshilfe_Buerger.pdf.
The waiting time can vary greatly over the course of the day, so unfortunately, it is not possible to make any definitive statements on this at the moment. Constantly updated current waiting times can be found on the respective web pages for the following test centers: Berlin-Brandenburg Airport, Berlin ewerk, Cologne Bonn Airport, Düsseldorf Airport, Frankfurt Airport, Frankfurt MyZeil Shopping Center, Hamburg Airport, and Wiesbaden RMCC.
We ensure optimal logistics for the samples at our test centers.
Throat swab samples (CentoSwab™) can be transported at room temperature (approx. 15-25°C) within 48 hours, otherwise the samples should be refrigerated (at approx. 8°C) during transportation.
Our validation data confirms that the analysis of the dry sample carriers that we use (CentoSwab™) can be carried out for up to 72 hours without compromising sample quality. A publication by Bruce et al. (J Clin Microbiology 2012; 50: 1064-1065), which is also referred to in the WHO recommendation, showed that human throat swabs for RNA virus detection on dry swabs are stable for several days, even at room temperature (< 25°C). We have confirmed this observation for at least the first 48 hours with our own data using the CentoSwab™ for SARS-CoV-2 virus detection.
Information, such as date of birth and addresses, can directly be changed in the portal by the user.
If incorrect data has already been included in a test report, the test report can only be changed if the change is requested via our service hotline at corona(at)centogene(dot)com or via telephone by calling 0049-381-80113-700 (Monday to Sunday, 7:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m.). This exception is only made if the incorrect data was entered by the customer. We reserve the right to check the change or have it verified.
Conveniently, you can currently pay online in the CENTOGENE Corona Test Portal via credit card (Master, Visa, JCB, Discover, Diners Club, American Express) or Maestro card. Payment by credit card, EC card, and cash is also available on-site at the test centers in Frankfurt, Hamburg, Düsseldorf, and Berlin-Brandenburg Airport. In Wiesbaden, Frankfurt MyZeil Shopping Center, Cologne Bonn Airport, and Berlin ewerk on-site payment is possible with debit or credit cards.
In order to help you as quickly as possible, we kindly ask you to always register on the CENTOGENE Corona Test Portal in advance.
You can cancel your order within 14 days if your sample has not yet been collected and processed. Please simply use the cancellation function available in the CENTOGENE Corona Test Portal. Please log in to the portal again, and select "Your orders" in the menu on the right-hand side. Next, select the test you want to cancel, and click on "Cancel".
Due to the low number of individuals infected, antibody tests are currently considered to be insufficiently conclusive, as well as being insufficiently specific. Therefore, CENTOGENE does not carry out antibody tests.
It has been frequently stated that a sample collected from deep in the throat may not be sufficiently conclusive, i.e., the test may yield a false negative result in subjects who test positive for the virus, or conversely, may yield false positive results.
CENTOGENE has developed a test which, in addition to the specific detection of SARS-CoV-2 viral RNA, has an internal control in the test reaction which detects human nucleic acids. This means that a swab that is taken incorrectly, i.e., does not contain or contains too little human material, is determined immediately. As a result, an invalid result is output in the medical report, with the recommendation to repeat the sample collection process. As a result, erroneous swabs are detected systematically, and not falsely interpreted as having ruled out SARS-CoV-2 infection.
We recommend that you inquire about any entry restrictions as precisely as possible before your trip. In addition, we recommend that you only use official sources of information.
CENTOGENE destroys all negative tested samples after seven days.
CENTOGENE does not transmit any data to third parties (other than legally mandated reporting of positive cases to the health authorities). The data is processed exclusively in accordance with the patient’s consent. All personal data from subjects with a negative test result that is stored in our database will be deleted at latest three months after the registration is last accessed by the subject or at the request of the subject at any time prior to that. All data is processed in a self-sustaining software application and stored in an encrypted database.
The quality of a test is measured by analyzing parameters referred to as the sensitivity and specificity. These values for CENTOGENE's COVID-19 PCR test are as follows:
Sensitivity > 98%
Specificity > 99%
CENTOGENE has four sites in Germany (Berlin, Rostock, Hamburg, Frankfurt), three of which are laboratory sites.
CENTOGENE provides the laboratory with the technical know-how and the technical equipment. These resources are used by Dr. Bauer-Laboratoriums GmbH to carry out the analysis of the samples under their own responsibility and supervision. Prof. Bauer and his team of experienced medical specialists are responsible for conducting the analysis, as well as the medical interpretation of the test results and the entire medical process.
CENTOGENE meets globally recognized quality management standards and holds the following accreditations, certifications, and registrations:
- Accreditation by the College of American Pathologists (CAP), High Complexity Testing Laboratory Certificate (CLIA), and ISO 15189. The branch in Rostock is accredited by the CAP Biorepository. As part of the accreditations, CENTOGENE fulfills the requirements for external quality assurance by
- Performing detailed comparative tests between laboratories (e.g., WHO reference laboratory)
- Participation in interlaboratory tests with inactivated SARS-CoV-2-positive and -negative human sample material e.g., INSTAND Gesellschaft zur Förderung der Qualitätssicherung in medizinischen Laboratorien (INSTAND Community for promoting quality assurance in medical laboratories) e.V. (Germany), EMQN (England), and CAP (USA)
- CE-labelled CentoSwabTM throat swab under the MDD Directive 93/42/EEC
- FDA Class I exempt registration for CentoSwabTM in the USA (registration number D401451)
- FDA Emergency Use Authorization (EUA) registration for the SARS-COV-2 test in the USA has been submitted to the FDA and is currently under review.