Frequently Asked Questions About the Test Procedure
Note: The test is free for passengers of Lufthansa‘s “COVID-19 Tested Flights Program” from Hamburg to Munich (LH2059) and Austrian Airlines flights from Hamburg to Vienna (OS172). If you are a passenger on one of these flights, see How can I get tested – as a passenger of Lufthansa / Austrian Airlines Tested Flights Program? .
The antigen test is also available to buy for our other customers. Follow these simple steps to purchase and take your antigen test:
- Register on CENTOGENE’s Corona Test Portal
- Select “Order a new test”
- Use the checkbox to select the persons who should be tested and continue to “Choose test center“
- Select “Hamburg Flughafen” or “Frankfurt Flughafen” and click on “To order type selection“.
- Then select “I would like to purchase a test“ by clicking on “To order type selection“
- If you chose to take the test at Hamburg Airport, select “Express-2: SARS-CoV-2 Antigen test,” and continue to “Payment” to book a time slot.
- If you chose to take the test at Frankfurt Airport, select “Express-3: SARS-CoV-2 Antigen test,” and continue to “Payment” to continue to pay for your test.
- You will then see your order overview with the subtotal in Euros. Next, confirm the information about the SARS-CoV-2 test, data protection, and cancellation policy under “Order test.” Then continue to “Buy now”.
- Choose your desired payment method, and continue to “Payment.” You will then be forwarded to the external payment module of Concardis GmbH.
- After successfully completing your payment, you will see your order overview with a purchase order number, e.g., UAT-BN0015569. You can now open and save your invoice by clicking on the same button in the lower right-hand corner. In addition, you will receive an order confirmation via e-mail with the invoice attached.
If you are taking the Antigen Test at Hamburg Airport:
- Come to CENTOGENE’s Test Center in Hamburg at the booked time to perform a throat swab. Important: 15 minutes before you get tested do not eat, drink, or brush your teeth!
- The test result will be made available in CENTOGENE’s Corona Test Portal within 90 minutes in 95% of cases. You will also receive a notification to the e-mail address you have entered during login as soon as the report is available.
I can’t find my test result! Where is my report?
If you are taking the Antigen Test at Frankfurt Airport:
- Come to CENTOGENE’s Test Center in Frankfurt to perform a throat swab. Important: 15 minutes before you get tested do not eat, drink, or brush your teeth!
- The test result will be made available in CENTOGENE’s Corona Test Portal within 150 minutes in 95% of cases. You will also receive a notification to the e-mail address you have entered during login as soon as the report is available.
I can’t find my test result! Where is my report?
Please bring your invoice including your personal ID and verification code to the test center (in printed or digital form).
You have two possibilities to access your invoice:
- Via the e-mail attachment you received
- Under “Orders” in CENTOGENE’s Corona Test Portal, you can select your order, and click on “Invoice” to open or download it.
In almost all browsers, you can use the keyboard shortcut “Ctl” + “J” to show all documents you have downloaded. This will allow you to easily access your invoice After you have clicked on “Invoice.”
Frequently Asked Questions About the Coronavirus Test and Safety
In contrast to PCR tests, the antigen test does not verify genetic material of the virus, rather the surface characteristics of it.
This method is able to verify an infection with SARS-CoV-2 if the mucous membrane of the throat is affected and enough viruses have been increased, which usually occurs within the first days after infection.
Test results are available much faster than with a PCR analysis. In saying that, a negative antigen test result does fully guarantee that you are not infected with SARS-CoV-2. This is more so true, when the test was performed in an early stage of the infection (when there is still a low number of viruses).
The antigen test thus only shows a “snapshot” for the day but it so that infected persons can go into isolation instead of for example, traveling because they have no symptoms.
A positive test result shows a very high probability of an infection with SARS-CoV-2 and will be confirmed by PCR test.
CENTOGENE uses innovative SARS-CoV-2 test solutions. We use the Lumipulse G SARS-CoV-2 Ag test (Fujirebio), which is a CE-marked rapid test kit for the quantitative identification of SARS-CoV-2 antigen in human throat swabs. The intern validation against RT-PCR positive patient samples shows a sensitivity of 93% and a specificity of 99% for samples of asymptomatic positive tested patients.
(In comparison, CENTOGENE’s COVID-19 PCR tests have a sensitivity of more than 98% and specificity of >99%; How accurate/precise is CENTOGENE’s COVID-19 PCR test?)
The samples are collected by CENTOGENE via a throat swab and are analyzed in one of CENTOGENE’s laboratories, which are equipped with fully automated devices. If a sample tests positive, an additional SARS-CoV-2 RT-PCR will be performed.