Webinars at CENTOGENE
At CENTOGENE, we provide free webinars (live and on demand) on key topics of interest in diagnostic
research and practice. Every speaker is an expert within this field of industry and has many years of
experience in the Life Science sector.
Join our upcoming webinars in 2016
- November 30, 2016; 5:00pm (GMT +1:00)
More webinars and detailed information will be available soon!
Webinars on demand
If you have missed one of our previous webinars, here you can find and overview and the links to the recordings of our past sessions.
October 28, 2016
• Introduction to oncogenetics
• Oncogenetic testing at CENTOGENE
• CentoCancer™ & CentoBreast®
September 29, 2016
• Introduction to Whole Genome Sequencing
• Whole Genome Sequencing at CENTOGENE
• CentoGenome® vs. currently available genetic testing
• Indications and key applications
August 31, 2016
• Introduction to mitochondrial genetic diseases
• CentoMito™, CENTOGENE’s NGS panel designed to diagnose mitochondrial diseases, focusing on the mitochondrial and nuclear genes that maintain the energy production processes in the cell
o CentoMito™ Genome – mtDNA
o CentoMito™ Comprehensive – mtDNA + nuclear DNA
CentoICU®: NGS panels for the early and fast diagnosis of critically ill newborns & children under 24 monthsSpeaker: Dr. Oliver Brandau
July 28, 2016
• Introduction on genetic disorders in newborns and children admitted to the ICU
• CentoICU™, CENTOGENE’s NGS panel for the fast diagnosis of critically ill newborns & children under 24 months old
• CentoICU™ vs. current newborn screening
July 14, 2016
• CENTOGENE’s classification scheme and practice classifying real variants according to the ACMG guidelines
• Re-classification report and rationale of changes in the pathogenicity of a particular variant
June 22, 2016
Dr. Gabriela Oprea will demonstrate CentoMD® 3.0 features and how using this unique database can help you to increase your diagnostic know-how. During the webinar, you will learn how CentoMD® 3.0 will become your simple three-step solution, where you will search, select and filter through genes, transcripts and variants and ending with a comprehensive genetic summary including all associated data tailored to your needs.
May 26, 2016
During the webinar, Dr. Brandau introduces the technique whole exome sequencing and presents
different clinical cases. He demonstrates “how”, “why” and “when” to use whole exome sequencing, as well as other aspects in the usage of HPO terms for patient/syndrome clustering. It will help you to
understand how whole exome sequencing can support you in your daily patient care.